All submissions will be reviewed by the Jury, and only selected videos will screen on the day of Toronto Smartphone Film Festival and on Arirang Korea TV via OMNI 2.
Terms and conditions: By submitting your films (“Film”) to Toronto Smartphone Film Festival ("TSFF"), you accept and agree that you grant TSFF a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, screen, broadcast, and distribute the Film as well as the unrestricted use of the Film for any purpose, without compensation to the provider of the Film.
TSFF 2014 Call for Entries
Submission Deadline: Sunday, May 4, 2014.
Rules and Regulations:
- Open to any genre of choice including but not limited to animation, comedy, horror, music video, documentary, and experimental.
- The length of the video must be 10 minutes or under.
- All copyright material must be cleared by the applicant if used in the final edit. Any issue that may arise due to infringement of copyrights is the applicant’s sole responsibility. TSFF will not be responsible for any infringement of copyrights.
- If your video contains language other than English, English subtitle is a must.
- No nudity, profanity and extreme violence are allowed.
- Videos must be shot on smartphone devices, tablet PCs, and pads of any brands. (Videos shot using DSLRs, handycam camcorders, point-and-shoot cameras are not acceptable.)
- External audio recording devices are acceptable if needed.
- Submission of behind-the-scenes video and/or photos is optional.
- Video may be edited on any editing software.
- A short clip of raw footage (30 seconds) used in the final edit must be submitted to prove you have shot the video on acceptable devices.
- All videos are to be sent in full resolution as a QuickTime file – Do not compress your video.
All submissions will be reviewed by the Jury, and only selected films will be screened on the day of film festival and on Arirang Korea TV via OMNI 2. Finalists give the film festival the exclusive rights to screen, broadcast, publish and distribute on all possible media platforms.
Toronto Smartphone Film Festival holds the right without payment to finalists to show all submitted projects on all possible media platforms and use it for promotional and screening purposes indefinitely.
- Films, filmmakers and actors from Quebec are not eligible for the awards
- All flights depart from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. (Departure city cannot be changed.)
- All flight and travel package prizes are for one (1) person only.
- TSFF is not responsible for shipping and handling fees of all prizes.
Deadline for Entry: Sunday, May 4, 2014.
Results will be notified by Monday May 12, 2014.
- TSFF Award - Round trip ticket to South Korea
- Rhythm Award - Varadero, Cuba All-inclusive
- Arirang Korea Award - $1,000
- Audience Choice Award - $500
- KTO Award – Samsung Galaxy Tab
- Raindance Award - 1 year membership to Raindance Toronto + Zacuto iPhone grip
SUBMISSION PROCEDURES (Final Video & Raw Footage):
- Final Video (QuickTime File)
- Raw Footage (30 seconds – must be used in the final edit of video)
- Submission Form (Completed & Signature required)
- Short Bio of Director
- Synopsis (max. 200 words)
- Behind-the-Scene photos and/or videos (optional)
- Go to submission page on www.smartphonefilm.ca .
- Complete the submission form found on the submission page.
- Send final video and raw footage (must be submitted through one of the following options)
- Upload your final video and raw footage on www.vimeo.com .
- Create a Vimeo account.
- Go to Private Settings.
- Find Who can watch this video?
- Choose Only people with a password.
- Create a password for privacy setting and write it on your submission form.
- Use www.wetransfer.com (or other FTP services) and send the information to email@example.com .
- Mail final video and raw footage on DVD to:
Toronto Smartphone Film Festival
1 Preston Place
Toronto, ON M4N 2T1